Terms & Conditions
The term Skein Queen or us or we refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is below. The term you refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- When buying hand dyed yarn, it is advisable to buy as much yarn as you will need for a project as I may not repeat the colourway you have chosen and even if I do, new batches could vary considerably from the original due to the nature of hand dyeing. If working from more than one skein of hand dyed yarn, it is also advisable to work alternate rows from two skeins to ensure an even blending of colours. Very occasionally, yarn that contains a large percentage of turquoise can leave small amounts dye residue on your hands during use due to the chemical composition of that particular colour. Please be assured that the dye is fixed, but it would be advisable to wash the item separately the first couple of times.
- Unfortunately, I am unable to accept custom orders or wholesale orders.
- Please note that colours can vary between monitors - I endeavour to photograph the colours of the yarn as accurately as possible and will add a note to my description if I feel there is a significant variation. Photos are taken in daylight with no flash.
- Yarn lengths are approximate and are sold by the weight.
- I endeavour to ensure the goods sent out are in perfect condition (unless otherwise stated, in which case, a discount will be offered at time of purchase) but should the goods be damaged or faulty, please return them in an unused condition within 14 days for a replacement or refund. Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of postage and packaging and it is advisable to obtain a proof of posting.
- the shop is set up to accept pounds sterling as Skein Queen is based in the UK. If you're paying in another currency, PayPal will convert your currency to sterling using their own daily rate, whether you're paying by PayPal or card. If paying by PayPal you will be alerted to the exchange rate right away before completion of your purchase. If paying by card, the exchange rate will show up on your card statement or online banking - you can always use google to check the daily rate. When making a debit/credit card purchase, you'll see the exchange rate on your card statement or online banking.
- Skein Queen takes your privacy seriously and, when you provide us with any personal information, endeavours to keep it safe. Skein Queen will not share your personal information with third-parties and will take all reasonable precautions to protect it.
- To help understand how to make the services and products provided by Skein Queen better, we use a Google Analytics tracking code in the shop, website and blog. The information is anonymous and does not provide us with identifiable information.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Skein Queen - Debbie Orr
Unit 6, Langley Business Court
VAT Registration Number 264 0001 55